served year round
11:30 am - 3:30 pm
from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
We have been written up in:
DownEast Magazine -"Best Sandwich To-Go" July 2012
DownEast Magazine -"Eat like a Mainer! 31 people, places and dishes not to miss in 2010" - Jan 2010
Gourmet -"Ground Swell" - Aug 2008
Chow Maine -"Best restaurants, cafes, lobster shacks & markets on the Coast" - 2007
Real Simple -"Fresh From The Garden" - Sept 2005
Soups - Change daily.
Panini Sandwiches - All are served on Rosemary Foccacia from Standard Baking Co; Portland, ME
- Aged Quebec cheddar and pesto
- Maine smoked ham, with aged cheddar and grainy Dijon mustard
- The Bev: Tuna, artichokes, tapenade & gruyere
- The Surfer: Smoked turkey, Spruce Mountain wild blueberry chutney, wild arugula and gruyère
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, roasted red onions & fresh dill
- The Reuben Fletcher: corned beef and gruyere with saurkraut & homemade Russian dressing
- The Blat: El Romeral Spanish sheep's milk cheese infused with rosemary and combined with Blatjang (a So. African chutney of apricots, figs, raisins, etc;)
- North Creek BLT
- Fresh Maine crabmeat salad sandwich (a constant during the summer, served only occasionally in winter)
Pie - Slice $4.50 changes daily
Cookies - Chocolate Obsessions, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Date Raisin $2.50/ea
prices range from $2.50 to $5.00
- Carrabasset Coffee, Hot Cocoa, Mulled Cider
- Croissants & Scones: Lemon Ginger, Cranberry Orange Walnut, Cherry Chocolate, etc;
- Local bacon and Smoked salmon
- Heavenly soft scrambled eggs - all local and organic
- Fritata (changes weekly, some examples): salmon, dill & goat cheese. Spinach, roasted garlic, onions & Bel Paese Cheese. Etc!
- Baked stuffed Avocados with (changes weekly, some examples): Sweet potatoe, creme fraiche' and sweet chili. Pesto & Cheddar. Crabmeat & Bel Paese.
- Gluten Free Breakfast Pizza: with such ingredients as goat cheese, cilantro, dried fruit, fruit pastes, rose hip sauce, etc!
- Grits: Savory with herbs & banty eggs OR sweet with maple syrup
All in a cozy & eclectic atmosphere - "sounds like a hive of bees here on winter Sundays"